Saturday, July 16, 2016

Group email May 23, 2016

These past few weeks have been super crazy and I'm just trying to get
my two feet put back on the ground. My last week at the MTC was
absolutely amazing. I already miss my district so much. My first week
in the field has been a little chaotic but it get better and better as
I go. My new address is
801 E Corsicana #566
Athens TX 75751
United States
Feel free to write me letters or send me packages. I can only email
and write letters on Monday but I can receive emails anytime of the
day so feel free to email me whenever, in fact I suggest it. Also
happy Birthday to my Brother Kalten, he turned 22?..I think, last
week.

Last week at the MTC.
So sad it was my last week at the MTC, the whole 3 weeks you talk
about wanting to just be out in the field but once your out you miss
all the fun experiences you had in the MTC for sure. My last week
there started out with one of my companions, (love her to death)
sister Mills freaking out because her boy friend was arriving at the
MTC that morning. She sat at the window during lunch hoping to see him
walk by and then next thing I know she takes off running outside, me
and my other companion had to take off running after her because of
course we have to be exact obedient and not let her be
alone...especially with her boyfriend-_- I would have been more
irritated if I wasn't promised already to make there future wedding
cake.
So we were the sister training leaders in my district so it was a
blast welcoming the new sisters in our zone. I really connected well
with these two sisters, going Manchester England, Sister Johnson and
Sister W. (First name is McKenna☺️). I was sick of being the one
getting blown with the leaf blower last week, so much that my
companions let me blow the new sisters with them, no worries they
still liked us after that.

Theo (MTC)
Theo was an investigator/actor at the MTC. (You don't know who is a
real investigator and who is just acting here.) He was so much fun to
teach. He lives back and fourth here in Utah helping his grandma and
Las Vegas where he works. He's a DJ at the strip and has met a lot of
famous people which is super legit. When we got him they told us that
he doesn't really open up well with others and he will be tough but he
ended feeling really comfortable with us. He liked one of my
companions because she dated some famous football player, JJ Watkins
or some thing like that? He pretty much broke the 4th wall and were
all pretty sure he was a real investigator and he started taking the
missionaries discussions because he wanted to marry his girlfriend,
who is LDS, in the temple. We committed him to baptism and it was such
a great feeling. We told him we were leaving to the field and he
seemed sad about that since he hasn't really opened up with other
missionaries before. So much fun to teach him and get to know him and
getting him to commit.

Last Day (MTC) ...learning to be more exact obedient.
My last day at the MTC had to be the best day on the mission so far.
We sang in sacrament meeting as a district which was so fun, The
temple walk was so much fun with our zone and district. I got to watch
Characters of Christ again one last time. I so wish they didn't only
have that talk in the MTC. Then we all didn't want to say goodbye to
each other so we hung out as late as we possibly can without getting
into trouble outside, thanks Mom and Dad for those glow and the dark
blowup punching balloons. They were so fun and we didn't pop them so
that they would stain our suites and dresses. We finally went back to
our residence right before quite time and I still had to finish
packing and get ready for bed and say goodbye to the sisters I
trained. We definitely were staying up later then we should because no
one wanted to say goodbye to each other and I was leaving 3:30 in the
morning for me to be able to make my flight to Texas. I was then
carrying all my luggage to the hallway to get them  out of the room so
it would be easier to slip out of the room and not keep my companions
up in the morning. My companions were in the bathrooms in the
building. Then the door stop bumped out of place and the door closed
and we were all locked out of our room...keyless...we all began to
panic because we had no phones, no keys to get back in and we couldn't
leave the building because we didn't have a key to get in the other
buildings and to get back into ours, so we couldn't get help and were
stuck...and it was 11:30...a hour past bedtime in the MTC. We prayed,
cried, and laughed wondering if we were going to be able to go to bed
that night. Good thing I had all my things in the hallway other wise I
don't know how I would be able to make it on my flight. We all looked
up at the wall and saw a big red emergency phone, half of us hurd that
it calls straight to the emergency department and of of my companions
Hurd it goes straight to the front desk where they could help us. We
took our chances, picked up the phone hoping it was the front desk
and...
No worries it was. The security guard saved us and we didn't get into
trouble. We were lucky and learned that we needed to be obedient and it
was definitely an amazing experience and last one I had with my MTC
companions. I woke them up at 2:45 and said goodbye and can't wait to
see them again when we come home in 17 months

First Day in Texas
I was so exhausted with the 2 hours of sleep I got and was learning my
lesson on exact obedience, but got to ride a train for the very first
time of my life. It would have been cooler and more interesting if it
wasn't so dark outside and I was able to stay awake. It took us to
subway And that took us to the airport. We got in okay and with no
troubles. It was so great to talk to my parents on the phone for a
little bit. I love my family so much and can't wait to spend eternity
with them.  We got on the plane and I tried to sleep comfortably but
it was super hard, once we landed and got off the plane, the humidity
hit and it was hard to breath, it was pretty hot from the beginning,
colder day for them Texas people because of the wind but it just felt
like a lot of hot air. We walked around the Dallas, Temple with my
mission President and his wife talked about the importance of
families and how we need to make it our goal to help Christ's children to
make it to the temple and help them take the right steps that would
get them there. We then went to the church for more training. I
honestly don't remember what I learned, 2 hours of good sleep was not
enough for my brain, then they let us take a nap for a hour which
helped. We had family home evening with them and dinner. I slept with
some other sisters at their apartment.  Most of the day was a blur.

FIELD
Finally, after a night of sleep we went back to train a little bit
more. And then met our companions including a bunch of other elders and
sisters in our mission. It was so much fun meeting them and was just a
really great day in general. I'm in Athens Texas, it is country and
there are beautiful trees everywhere. No mountains which is kind of sad but
still beautiful. Their people are super nice and sweet. It's a lot
different but I'm learning to love it. We have a few investigators.  My
favorites are Robert, who when we first taught him he told us he wasn't
interested anymore. We asked him why and he said because he's doesn't
know enough and he's afraid to mess up. We told him more about the
atonement and helped him understand more about the gospel and how even we
as missionaries are still learning. We had a great lesson with him and
he agreed to be baptized in June. We hope he doesn't have any more
second thoughts but I guess we will see.
I also enjoy Teaching the Perez family, which has been a huge struggle
since they don't speak any English and we don't speak any Spanish. We
have a member in our ward translating back and forth but whenever we
teach them the spirit is always there! I love it.

Funny part of the week
There are turtles every where here. I freaked out when I saw a small
one and made my companion take a picture of me with it. Then we were
driving and a huge turtle sloooowly ran in front of us on the road
(more like my companion didn't see it) and we hit it...so sad...good
thing is had a huge shell. I think it will live.

I love you all and hope Y'all have an amazing week. I know that this
church is true and its our only way back to our father in heaven. I
know that he loves each and everyone of us and we are all sons and
daughters of God. Pray to him everyday and keep that relationship with
him. He truly listens and is eager to help us. We just have to ask and
also listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment