Thursday, July 14, 2016

Group Email May 10, 2016

Hey Ya'll

So this week has been even better then last week! I feel so Happy here but also miss everyone at home! Thank you all for emailing and keeping me updated on life! It means so much to me seeing all your emails. This is ya'lls last week for Dear Elders so definitely take advantage of that and they do make my day when I get them! Also if you have epic picture with me, send them to me! My district wants to see them, and I would love to have them too!

Sister McKennna Isabelle Browning
MAY16  TX-DAL
2005 N 900 E Unit 117
Provo UT 84602

So as a district we made a bunch of goals for the week. One of them was drinking the orange juice (for those who don't know, MTC orange juice is known for making people really sick and giving you the runs) together. As of now half of us are sick and half of us are doing good, I don't know if its because of the OJ but I sure enjoy making people believe so.

My Testimony has grown 5x greater since I have been here! I can recognize the Holy Ghost so much better and it absolutely feels incredible, I love being able to teach with the spirit and help our "investigators" come unto Christ! I love our new TRC's. They both are major talkers but they're so fun to teach, They love the stories and our testimonies! We just finished a TRC last week named Janie, We have a strong feeling she was either an investigator or inactive and she agreed to baptism and that made our whole week! Did I mention I love being in a trio? My companions are now some of my best friends, they're both going to Florida, I'm the only one not going to Florida in my district but I definitely feel like I belong in this district and we were all put together for a reason. 

For those of you who know I love to sing, one of my favorite things about the MTC is singing in the shower, sometimes  random girls and my companions will just randomly join in with me, we all have fun memorizing vocals and harmonizing together really well.  It makes me think of my siblings when we were forced to clean/slave in the kitchen every Sunday and we would sing and harmonize together!

So The other day I was in my room alone while I thought my companions were showering or something and I went to go leave my room and I was viciously attacked by what I though was a vacuum blowing lots of air and then I looked to see and my companions started chasing me with leaf blowers...why was there even leaf blowers in our building, idk? This has now happened twice!  Someone needs to take the leaf blowers out of our building and hide them!

Me and One of my companions, Sister Mills put on black and white polka dots, not trying to match and we forced our other companion, Sister Stevenson to wear black and white polka dots as well. So people stared at us in confusion and when ever someone would ask us about it, we would act very confused like it wasn't planned and we were embarrassed. Then a old couple stopped and started taking a bunch of pictures of our backs... and told us we were very cute and they were going to send people our pictures... of our backs..we then regretted our choice in matching with one another

So another highlight of my week! We have all as a district been craving Dr. Pepper and Chick-Fil-A and begging our teachers to buy us some for days (totally against the rules and would get them fired). Of course they kept saying no to us, and couldn't even afford to get themselves some...so then we told them we would slip them some money and instead of looking at it as a bribe more look at it as a "Mormon exchange" and still they said no. So then we went to dinner and they had Chick-Fil-A for dinner in the cafeteria, and they didn't get the chance to get some. It was so shocking and so good! I looove chicken strips way too much! 
 
Also talking to my family on Sunday was another huge highlight, it has only been 2 weeks and they have already changed so much. Jessica has a car and dyed hair. my mom cut her hair...I'm sure the house looks different and there is no sign of my old bedroom or me ever living there anymore. I sure miss them and am curious what's going on! 

I love going to the temple every week! It's something that helps me relieve all the stress and work from the week and also the fact that the Provo temple has a cafeteria where you can eat good food that doesn't make you feel sick! 
 
Anyways Love you All!

Sister McKennna Browning

No comments:

Post a Comment