Saturday, July 16, 2016

Group email 5/30/2016

Amazing week full of miracles

FHE w/ Perez family
So the Rodriguez family is one of my favorite families here, they are
super sarcastic like my family and fun to talk to. They are really
into the missionary work here, and will translate for us for the
Spanish investigators we're teaching. So we planned a FHE with them and
the Perez family, their kids are so interested in the gospel as well
as the parents. We taught them a short lesson to go with FHE and there
kids were so involved . I have never seen little kids so interested in
the gospel before. I was super impressed. We all read the family
proclamation and they made me read some of it in Spanish, some times I
forget I was called as a English missionary, and sometimes I wonder
how much easier it would have been if I was called as Spanish. We
invited there family to pray together every night. Not only did they
agree to it but offered to start coming to church again. We were
shocked, I really have high hopes for this family.

More miracles
We had so many amazing miracles happen to us this week. One of our
investigators Robert, was able to start getting Sunday's off after him
telling us he probably won't and not sure if he was interested
numerous of times. We were shocked again and just felt super excited!
Another Investigator, Kathleen, has been taking our lessons but
telling us she not interested in being baptized but just likes to learn
about new religions. The cool thing about it all though is she keeps
all the commitments we make with her and knows how to recognize the
Holy Ghost really well. She told us this week that later on if she
feels like she needs to that she will be baptized. We were so happy!

1 month
So on Friday I made my one month mark, so exciting! I spoiled myself
with a 1 month Smash cake!

Sunday
So the Perez family was at church, I have never wanted to jump for joy
so much in my life...maybe...but I was super excited. They seemed to
enjoy themselves for the most part. It's awesome how well we get along
with the kids. I think their parents really like that, which is one
reason they like to be involved so much, hopefully they will stay
involved when we leave this time. They have been so tough with
missionaries in the past but have so much potential.

Sister Browning








     

No comments:

Post a Comment