Thursday, March 30, 2017

Group email 6/6/2017



Crazy week

This week has been tough, with lots of good and bad.

Prez Family
We had a lesson with the Perez family and again the spirit was so
strong. This family is super special. We asked them about church and
there thoughts. They said that they could feel the spirit and the
peacefulness. Then we asked them if they have still been praying as a
family. Marcelino (the dad) said that the past missionaries from 10
years ago never taught them about family prayer and he was so happy we
taught him because when he's doing this with his family time seems to
slow down and he see's that happiness and love as a family and all
there problems seem to go away during those brief moments. It was so
amazing hearing him say that.

Opposition
Through out our whole week we have has opposition. After we got out of
the Perez lesson we had a  incident with a cop, we were so happy and
excited but could only feel like that for about 30 seconds because
next thing we know we're getting pulled over...we were so confused
because we weren't being reckless and were going the speed limit. The
cop came and said we didn't have our lights on (it was night time).
That was scary because as missionaries we have to always have them on,
even in the day so we had no clue how they turned off. Then we
realized the missionaries before us lost our vehicle registration  and
insurance, luckily we got off with a warning and the missionaries in
charge of the vehicles for the mission are working on it.
We had some other incidents happen where it seems like the opposition
is trying to scare us from the work. But we also feel Heavenly Father
love and protection. This is what me and my companion are now calling
a spiritual tornado. We could feel war of good and evil around, Satan
playing with us and heavenly fathers protection. I have never ever
experienced that feeling before and it was exhausting but I know that
as we do what is right we will be okay and will hopefully soon see the
blessings that come out of it.
My companion has been struggling with it worse then I have but as of
now we don't have a car to work with (which we have to have because
we're in the country and its impossible to do the work on bikes)
because we're now having car problems. But we are not giving up and
have been trying our best. If anything we have been strengthened and
were doing good.
 
Zoo
So last Monday as a zone went to the zoo, that was a good day. I love
meeting more people out here in the mish. I got to excited when I saw
the giraffes. And got pet all the llamas. And when the lion totes was
eying me down, that was scary actually hahaha. So exciting, I have now
seen more African animals on my mission then my sister, Neicia who
served in Africa saw on her mission.
I won't let my district/zone take awkward pictures anymore so we had
fun taking some at the zoo park.
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment