Thursday, March 30, 2017

Email to mom 6/6/2017

So I haven't been able to buy a bike yet, I didn't have missionary money the first few weeks because I was waiting on my card for ever, FINALLY got. So I have been having to use my own money to live. They said that I will still get all my money back and can just replace it with my bike money. And here in my area it's impossible to ride bike. The roads are horrible and will kill the bike really quick and most our work isn't around us. Our area is so big, it would be like all of Nampa, all of Caldwell, and all of Middleton. It's that big and were the only missionaries in it. So were like the Spanish and English even though technically were only English so we have to have a lot of translating fellow shippers for our investigators.

We cant do foot either...everything is too far so we have to do member rides which I always feel bad asking people to drive us around.

No one lives around us! We do phone calls and other things, luckily the car just started having major problems yesterday so it hasn't been too long without it, it's more the fact we don't know what to do when we might not have it later on if it's not fixed today! We have people coming down today to come look at it. But we don't know if it will be fixed right then or if they have to tow it somewhere to get it fixed hahaha.

There is this girl in my ward whose great great great great(don't remember how many greats) great grandfather is also Ricks. We going to get out her genealogy to figure out where I fall from along with her, do you know the line we come from...like the names that lead up to Ricks?

(Mom's answer: Thomas E Ricks and Elizabeth Jane Shupe, then their son is John Ricks, Then was my great grandpa Archie Leroy Ricks then grandma (Elva) Ricks Jenks, then my mom Marcia Anderson then me then you!  That means he's your great-great-great-great grandfather.) 


No comments:

Post a Comment